Terms & Conditions
As of 24.2.17, we have updated our terms and conditions. Please see revised terms and conditions available below:
Stepathon™ terms and conditions are set out below.
1. The following definitions apply to these terms and conditions:
1.1 “Closing Date” means 30 March 2017.
1.2 “Commencement Date” means 7 November 2016.
1.3 “Determination Date” means 16 April 2017.
1.4 “Entrant” or “you” means a person who enters the Promotion by registering on the Stepathon Website and includes but is not limited to a parent and/ or guardian of a participant under the age of 16 years.
1.5 “Fundraising Level” means the amount of money credited to the Promotion Account in relation to that Entrant by the Closing Date.
1.6 “Promoter” means Murdoch Childrens Research Institute ABN 21 006 566 972 of 50 Flemington Rd, Parkville VIC 3052 (MCRI).
1.7 “Promotion” means the Stepathon event conducted by the Promoter.
1.8 “Promotion Account” means the Entrant’s Everyday Hero account set up to receive money raised as part of the Promotion.
1.9 “Promotion Period” means the period between the Commencement Date and the Closing Date.
1.10 “Relevant Parties” means the agencies and companies that are associated with the Promoter or the Promotion.
1.11 “Website” means the Stepathon website, located at www.stepathon.com.au.
2. The Promotion is a fundraising event run by the Promoter.
3. Entrants will participate in the Stepathon from the Commencement date to the Closing Date.
4. Entrants under the age of 16 use a pedometer provided by the Promoter to assist in counting the number of steps they take during the Promotion. Adult participants (over the age of 16) have the option to purchase a Stepathon pedometer or use their smart phone to track their steps
5. Entrants must raise money for MCRI (whether by obtaining lump sum donations or donations based on the number of steps an Entrant takes during the promotion).
6. Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering the Promotion, Entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Promotion. Participation is at the Entrant’s own risk. If the Entrant has any injuries, health problems or any other problem that could be aggravated by participation in the Promotion, entrant should seek help of their GP or a health professional prior to entering the Promotion.
8. A parent and/or legal guardian must register a child under the age of 16 years. By registering a child a parent warrants that they are the parent and/or legal guardian of the child so detailed in the registration form and that they have full authority to agree to these terms and conditions on their own behalf and on behalf of their child.
9. All entry instructions and compliance requirements published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
10. This Promotion will be advertised on the Website and media selected by the Promoter and via electronic communications to registered Entrants.
11. Entry to the Promotion commences on the Commencement Date and closes on the Closing Date.
12. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must:
12.1 Log on to the Website and, between the Commencement Date and the Closing Date register for the Stepathon™;
12.2 during the Promotion, use the pedometer provided for the Promotion to count the number of steps they take;
12.3 ensure that all donations are credited to the Promotion Account.
13. An Entrant’s entry must not be incomplete or unlawful. The Promoter is not bound to accept late or delayed entries.
14. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment or any delays in payment processing due to systems or equipment or software used by Everyday Hero or financial institutions.
15. A pedometer will be issued (subject to availability) to the first 5,000 kids Entrants (under the age of 16) to register for the Promotion which will be sent to the address supplied to the Promoter at the time of registration. All Adult participants have the option to purchase a pedometer or use their smart phone.
16. The Promoter provides no guarantee as to the colour of the pedometer issued to Entrants and makes no representation as to the merchantability, quality, fitness for purpose or suitability of any pedometer.
17. Should an Entrant’s contact details change at any time between the date on which they enter the Promotion and the Determination Date, that Entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
18. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to do or omit to do anything necessary for the purposes of the Promotion in its sole discretion at any time.
20. The Entrant or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian responsible for registering an Entrant under the age of 18 years hereby consents to:
20.1 Their or their child’s participation in the Promotion;
20.2 The Promoter using, publishing or reproducing, in perpetuity, any images including of themselves or their children, uploaded by Entrants in any form, in whole or in part and in any medium including but not limited to websites, social media, television advertisements, promotional videos, brochures, newspapers, articles, multi-media, for public relations, promotions, commercial and advertising purposes whether for consideration or otherwise (Promotional Material).
21. The Entrant or, as the case may be, the parent and/or guardian agrees and acknowledges that they do not have an interest in the copyright of the Promotional Material nor shall they be entitled to receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether money or otherwise) from the Promoter.
22. The Entrant or, as the case may be, the parent and/or guardian responsible for registering an Entrant under the age of 16 years agrees on behalf of the Entrant that the Entrant shall be bound by these terms and conditions in addition to any requirements set out elsewhere on the Website or associated materials in relation to the Promotion.
23. The Entrant or, as the case may be, the parent and/or guardian acknowledges and accepts all risks (if any) arising from their or their child’s participation in the Promotion and, if applicable, accepts sole responsibility to supervise their child and in the event of any injury for any costs involved.
24. The Entrant or, as the case may be the parent and/or guardian responsible for registering an Entrant under the age of 16 years agrees for themselves and on behalf of the child that each of them hereby irrevocably forever release discharge and indemnify the Promoter, Relevant Parties, their respective employees, representatives and agents, to the maximum extent permitted by law, from and against any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other liability of any kind (including arising from any breach of contract or negligence) whatsoever and howsoever incurred, together with any legal fees incurred as a result of such liability arising from or in connection with:
24.1 An Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or in the Competition;
24.2 any technical difficulties or malfunction of the equipment or a website connected with the Promotion;
24.3 any pedometer that is late, lost, altered, damaged, defective or misdirected due to any reason within or beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; and
24.4 any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference with any person or property.
25. Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this Promotion or to otherwise interfere with the fair and legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and may harm the reputation of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages or restrain to the fullest extent permitted by law or equity in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any demonstrated damage or interference.
26. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion at its discretion or subject to any requirement and directions from any relevant authority.
28. These rules and other applicable terms and conditions constitute the entire terms and conditions between the Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion.
29. These terms and conditions were last updated on 23 February 2017. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any amendments shall be effective immediately upon notification on the website. An Entrant’s continued participation in the Promotion following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
30. These terms and conditions apply in addition to any requirements set out elsewhere in relation to the Promotion. In the extent of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions prevail over the terms and conditions of Everyday Hero in relation to the Promotion.
31. All times and dates are times and dates in Victoria, which may be AEST or AEDT depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock. 00:00hrs is the start of a day and 24:00hrs is the end of a day.
33. When you submit your entry and data to the Promoter through the website, you also expressly consent to the transfer and storage of your information to the Promoter’s reputable third party supplier of printing and distribution services, Blue Star Direct (www.bluestargroup.com.au). Blue Star Direct will only use your information to send you Stepathon or Promoter’s related material (including your pedometer). Blue Star Direct will not continue contacting you or use your information in any other way.
34. I hereby grant permission for the child named above to participate in online fundraising through the everydayhero website. I acknowledge that the supervision of the child named above must comply with the following requirements under law: Children under the age of 16 using everydayhero’s fundraising services must do so under the supervision of an adult. Children under the age of 12 using everydayhero’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of an adult. Children under the age of 6 using everydayhero’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
35. Competitions: Fundraising competition to win one of five FitBit Alta and Registration competition to win an iPad Air 2
1. The Promoter (Telephone: +61 (3) 8341 6200) has decided to organize two competitions in relation to Your participation to this Promotion (Competition),the Registration competition and the Fundraising competition.
2. The Registration competition invites non-participants of Stepathon 2017 to register to the event and win an iPad Air 2. Participation is by registering into the event website www.stepathon.com.au and paying the registration fee. This Registration competition will commence at 9:00am (Melbourne time) on 17 February 2017 and will close on 6 March 2017 (Competition period). The winner will be drawn at 9:00am (Melbourne time) on Tuesday 14 March 2017 at 50 Flemington Road, Parkville VIC 3052. Participants are not required to attend the draw.
3. The Fundraising competition invites registered participants of Stepathon 2017 to raise $100 and win one of five FitBit Alta. Participation is by registering as an Entrant and raising AUD 100.00 between 17 February and 12 March 2017. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). The Fundraising competition will commence at 9:00am (Melbourne time) on Wednesday 17 February 2017 and closes on 12 March 2017 (Competition period). The winner will be drawn at 9:00am (Melbourne time) on Tuesday 14 March 2017 at 50 Flemington Road, Parkville VIC 3052. Participants are not required to attend the draw.
4. Information on how to enter these Competitions and the prizes forms part of these Terms & Conditions. By participating in this Competition, participants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
5. Entries not complying with these Terms & Conditions are ineligible and the Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any participant.
6. This Competition is only open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over.
7. Directors, managers and employees of the Promoter or any retailers, agencies or companies associated with the conduct this Competition, and any family members thereof, are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
HOW TO ENTER
8. In order to enter the Registration Competition, You must register as an Entrant in www.stepathon.com.au and pay the registration fee from 9:00am (Melbourne time) on 17 February 2017 to 6 March 2017 (Competition period)
9. In order to enter the Fundraising Competition, You must register as an Entrant in www.stepathon.com.au and raise AUD 100.00 between 17 February and 12 March 2017
10. You can only enter in Your own name.
11. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Each participant may only enter once.
12. You warrant to the Promoter that the entry submitted does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the entry provided by You was provided by a third party, You warrant that You have obtained the relevant rights and permissions (including intellectual property rights) to submit the entry for the purpose of this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of any warranty set out in this condition.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of participant error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
14. By entering these Competitions, You will go into the draw for the chance to win the following prize:
14.1 One of five FitBit Alta for the Fundraising competition
14.2 One iPad Air 2 for the Registration competition.
15. The FitBit Alta is valued at $150 and the iPad Air 2 is valued at $569. Prize values are GST inclusive and are in Australian dollars. Prize values are based on recommended retail value, have been estimated by MCRI and are correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value.
16. The prize winners will be drawn at random.
17. The winners will be notified by email at the email address provided at the time of registration to the Promotion within two (2) days of the Competition draw. In this email the winner will be sent instructions to redeem the Prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to follow the instructions provided to redeem their Prize. The winner’s name and address will also be published within 30 days of the draw in The Australian newspaper, and the winner’s name published on the Promoter’s website http://www.stepathon.com.au/.
18. The winner is responsible for all additional spending money and items of a personal nature that do not form part of the Prize.
19. All elements of the Prize are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
20. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
21. If a winner’s entry is deemed ineligible (due to non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions or for any other reason) or if the Prize remains unclaimed for 3 months from the date that the winner is notified by the Promoter, the Promoter will conduct a re-draw at 12pm (Melbourne time) on 14 June 2017 at 50 Flemington Road, Parkville VIC 3052, subject to any approvals or directions from an applicable regulatory body responsible for supervising the conduct of this Competition (Agency).
22. Subject to approval from the relevant Agency, in the event that the Prize or part of the Prize is unavailable, despite the Promoter's reasonable endeavours to procure that item within Australia, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
23. Subject to any applicable laws, the Promoter makes no representation or warranties as to the merchantability, quality, fitness for purpose or suitability of the Prize or any part of the Prize.
25. By entering into this Competition, You expressly consent to Your entry and personal information (including Your name, address, phone and email) being used by the Promoter, its employees and agents:
(a) to administer the Competition;
(b) to announce the winner as set out in clause 15 above;
(c) for any promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes of the Promoter (without any requirement for Your further consent or any payment or other compensation to You)
(d) to send You the Promoter’s newsletter and other updates about the Promoter’s activities including fundraising activities of the Promoter; and
(e) to disclose to third parties as required by law (including, without limitation, any Agency).
26. The winners agree to participate in any reasonable media activities surrounding the Competition.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of the entries of any person including the winners (including requesting photographic proof of person, residence and age) and to disqualify any participant for manipulating or tampering with the entry process (including, but not limited to disguising an IP address, using multiple accounts or aliases to submit multiple entries for the same person), acting in a disruptive or dishonest manner, acting with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, acting in a way to jeopardise the fair operation of the Competition or submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure to provide proof of person, residence and age on request will immediately invalidate a winner's right to the Prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
28. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, its officers, employees and agents shall not be liable (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any personal injury or death of any person or any loss or damage of any kind (including, without limitation, any loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising from or in connection with the Competition or the Prize, including, without limitation, where arising from or in connection with: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value from that stated in these Terms and Conditions; and/or (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or any entrant.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend this Competition, subject to any requirements and directions from any relevant Agency.
30. In the event of any dispute in relation to this Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final.
31. Our partner Goodlife will offer an annual membership to Goodlife gym to the top five individual fundraisers. The top five fundraisers will be contacted by email at the email address provided at the time of registration to Stepathon within five business day after event concludes on Sunday 12 March 2017. Terms and conditions will apply. Please see terms and conditions listed on our FAQ section on the stepathon.com.au website.
Goodlife Terms & Conditions
Our partner Goodlife will offer a week-pass to any Goodlife Health Clubs to all 2017 Stepathon participants over the age of 16. All participants will receive an email containing the information and printable coupon before the event. Terms and conditions will apply. Please see terms and conditions listed on Goodlife Health Clubs website here.
‘12 Month Complimentary Membership’
1. The Promoter is conducting the promotion in selected health clubs in QUEENSLAND, NEW SOUTH WALES, VICTORIA, SOUTH AUSTRALIA, WESTERN AUSTRALIA ("Participating Outlets").
2. The “12 Month Complimentary Membership” offer is limited to one pass per person and valid for first time Goodlife users only.
3. The pass must be activated before the expiry date on the pass or via the redemption card/letter, and once activated is valid for 365 consecutive days.
4. Passes that are not activated before the expiry date are void.
5. Users must be at least 18 years of age.
6. The pass is valid only at the Goodlife Health Club selected at the time of validation (home club).
7. The pass does not include personal training unless specified otherwise nor does it include specialist programs such as the 12 Week Challenge.
8. A “12 Month Complimentary membership” is valued at $1022.40.
9. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, it cannot be redeemed for cash and it may have age restrictions around the access based on normal Goodlife membership T&C’s. See web-site for these details.
10. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any of the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
11. The Promoter is Goodlife Health Clubs, A.B.N. 59120953200.
When will I receive my pedometer?
Your pedometer should be received 10 working days after registering. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have not received your pedometer after this time.
How does my pedometer work?
If you are having trouble getting your pedometer to work, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be delighted to assist you.
I'm having problems with my participant page. What should I do?
Step-a-thon is supported by the Everyday Hero platform. If you are having a problem with your participant page please email the Everyday Hero support team or phone them on 1300 798 768 (Mon – Fri: 7am to 6pm AEST)
What do I do if I have forgotten my username or password or have questions about my participant page?
Step-a-thon is supported by Everyday Hero platform. If you are having a problem with your participant page please email the Everyday Hero support team or phone them on 1300 798 768 (Mon – Fri: 7am to 6pm AEST)
Is my donation tax deductible?
Donations of $2.00 or more are tax deductible.
Is there a minimum donation amount?
There is no minimum and every little bit counts, however please note that tax donations are only for donations of $2.00 or more.
Can overseas donations be received?
Yes – with online payments, there are no geographic limitations and anyone can support child health research.
How do I, or my donors, make cash donations?
Depending on your situation, you have two options:
Option 1 - If the donor would like to pay cash themselves
Direct your donors and supporters to donate directly to your Supporter Page and tell them to click on the 'Give Now' button. Your supporters can use this to directly deposit a donation onto your page – they will also be sent an individual receipt for their donation via email. Your donors can pay using credit card or Paypal, as well as cheque, cash or BPay.
Paying with credit/debit card or Paypal is fast and simple – just follow the on-screen steps.
If your donors do not wish to pay via credit/debit card or Paypal, they will be given a ‘donation pledge form' which is their deposit form. They can then take this form to their local Australia Post, along with the cash or cheque deposit. Their donation pledge form will also provide a BPay biller code, if they would prefer to transfer their donation this way via their internet banking.
Option 2 - If you have the cash and your donor/s doesn't require a tax receipt.
If you collect cash donations, you can now deposit these directly to your child's Supporter page. Simply click the ‘Download Pledge Form' link to the right hand side of your page and use this to deposit all the funds in one transaction (you need to be logged in to do this). This form is just like a gas or electricity bill, and the funds will arrive onto your page.You will not receive a donation receipt for this type of payment, as the funds are made up of many different donations. If your donors want a receipt for their donation, advise them to follow the steps in Option 1.
You can pay in these funds using your own credit card, debit card, or Paypal account, and the steps are simple and easy to follow. Then you can simply bank the cash into your own account, or put into a household coin jar!
If you choose to bank these funds by cash or cheque, take the funds, along with your pledge form to your local Australia Post outlet. The pledge form also provides a BPay biller code, if you would prefer to transfer your funds this way.